Monday, March 31, 2008

My dog snores


Well, it's Monday - I love Mondays. I don't have to work on Mondays and I usually have a quiet house all to myself on this day. Ah......so nice. But, as I sit on my couch, I hear my dog snore. Loudly....and consistently. She always snores. She does this at night too. Sometimes I wake up thinking Kevin is snoring...but no, that is just my dog who sleeps with me on my good, 500 thread count sateen sheets. She is spoiled, but we love her! She is a member of our family. We talk about her and her funny habits and personality. We worry about her if she seems to be hurt or sick. The boys love her and we can't imagine our family without her. She turned 9 this past February. She is even turning a bit gray around the nose but don't tell her we've noticed. Ladies don't like that.

Abby is our dog's name. She is a Miniature Dachshund who is not so miniature these days. She truly has a place in this family. We miss her when we are away from her. Every time any one of us see a picture of a dachshund, you can bet we'll all Awe and talk about how cute that dog is. We are just dachshund people. I love the soft side I see of my boys when they are with Abby. They show kindness and gentleness when they talk with her or snuggle with her. They can play rough with her too, but more than that, they love on her! She in turn, looks forward to 3pm each day when the boys come home. She knows.....she will get some attention and she has had plenty of time to rest while they have been gone.

When I work from home....my dog is happy. She loves the company. She loves knowing I am with her. Don't get me wrong, I know that she is a dog.....and does not have people feelings. But, I know when my dog is happy or sad and when she is having a good day. Today...is a good day.

Here are a few things I've actually learned from Abby;

1. Never get so busy that you do not enjoy a fun Sunday drive in the car with the people you love. Ride along if someone asks...It can be fun! What else do you have to do?

2. Snuggling on the couch is the best. Why would you ever sit apart from someone who can keep you warm?

3. Don't ever try to hold back your excitement when you see people you love. Wag your tail....or in our case.....smile and offer happiness when friends and family approach you. Let them know you are so glad to see them. Get up and greet people when they enter your home or yard! Be happy!

So deep on a Monday morning! I guess I still need more coffee.

No comments: