Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Morning Send Off

I wake up pretty early. It's how I'm wired. If I don't have my quiet time and soft music, coffee...whatever, before others wake up, I don't quite feel ready for the day. Ok...so I'm pretty grumpy if things don't happen that way. I admit it! I need that time just for me. The other hours of my day can be chaotic and are filled with people who need me to do something. So, I wake early, while it's dark to find an hour that is just for me. I offer that one hour to God, and he totally gives me what I need to face my day. My husband is somewhat the same. So, after I've been up a while, I wake him so that he can enjoy his coffee while he reads his chronological Bible. That allows him to wake up too. Because I know this, I make sure he has enough time when I am organizing my morning. I can do this....because I've been up. :) Being a mom can be hard. Why should we have to wake before everyone else? Huh? That does not seem quite fair. Some days....we want to sleep through the snooze. Been there? I have. Well, those days never go very well. They are the days that are rushed in the morning, I'm grumpy, the kids are just tired and frustrated and there are few joyful words spoken. I don't enjoy or want those mornings. So, my choice is to make things different for me and my family because I love them. I love my God too.

I encourage you today, to find a way to make your home the most peaceful it can be each and every morning. The mornings I wake early in our home.....are peaceful times in our house. I know that God honors obedience to him. When I wake up, get out bed and have time with Him, He pours himself into my heart and mind. I am then ready to take on my day, and the problems that may come with that.

I encourage you to find a time that works for you. Set your alarm clock so you can wake an hour before your family needs to be up. Take time to have your coffee and spend time with the Lord. Play soft piano or praise music. Read a devotion or a passage in your bible. If the Lord speaks to you through writing....take time to journal. I can tell you the mornings are my time....they fuel me. I would be a crazed maniac without them. I NEED them and now that they are just part of my daily routine....I crave them. If you are not already doing this, please try it. I can guarantee He will bless you with a morning of peace in your home. Your spouse and kids will also be blessed and they will be able to start their day without the frustration of a rushed parent. Imagine that! Our attitude can determine their day. Have you ever noticed that? I want to try hard to send them out with joy and love. It's hard enough for them as it is. Share with me how you make your home peaceful for you, your spouse and your kids. I want to find other ways that create time and take away stress from my family. We have enough stress.....let's get rid of what we can!!! So please, comment if you have a suggestion!!!


Colossians 3:12 "As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience"

No comments: