Monday, March 10, 2008

Back from Birmingham Tres Dias #18! What a great weekend!!!

I am just back from a Tres Dias weekend. If you aren't familiar with Tres Dias, I URGE you to visit my local Tres Dias Group website. www.btresdias.org The website, is kind of dated - but the group is nothing short of authentic and totally amazing. So, just get past the cheesy clip art! Anyway, Tres Dias has truly been an anchor for me in my spiritual walk. It's not magical - Tres Dias itself does nothing...it merely a tool that Christ uses to make an impact in the lives of Christians. Like me! I love these weekends! We spend quiet time with God - We are silly - We are crazy - we dance....yes DANCE late at night and just have a ball! All while we learn to put into practice the many calls' on our lives when we become Christians. I think you get it....it's just 3 amazing days with God. Anyway, my 15 year old will be serving at his first Vida Nueva weekend this coming April. Vida Nueva is a Tres Dias weekend for teenagers. Nick made his walk back in the fall of 2007 at Birmingham VN #4. Our Tres Dias community started our VN community about 4 years ago with the help of an already established VN community in North Georgia. I can tell you that Nick is so excited to serve. He will start his team preparations meetings in one week.

I was thinking about how some of my closests friends have come from this community. Kevin and I made Birmingham Tres Dias Walk #2. I can honestly say Tres Dias has given me not only a closer walk with the Lord but friends, that are irreplaceable. Friends I know...I'll have for a lifetime. I am excited that my son will have this too through VN. I encourage you if you have teenagers to look into VN. In an age of playing church, our kids need to find other kids who practice authentic Christianity. I believe VN is one of those places.

If you want to find out more about Tres Dias or even Vida Nueva, please let me know!!! I would love to talk with you more.....

Alright....I've been out of town for a few days, there is much to do.....I better get going!

Psalm 138:1 Lord, I will thank you with all my heart; I will sing to you before everyone!

Lord, I do thank you for an awesome weekend. Thank yor for all that you have done!!

2 comments:

Missy said...

I had a great weekend too! I hope that you are resting today. I am assumming you will not work the Girl's VN. You probably need a group.

Consider what I said about the small groups at Highlands. I think you would be a great asset. But, all in his timing!

Love that you encourage Nick in VN. If our kids find authenticity now...they can enjoy the gift for a long time to come. How fortunate for them to find what we enjoy now at such a young age.

Love the blog - forwarded it to our ladies ministry too. Hope you see some comments soon. Let me know.


Love ya, Missy

Anonymous said...

DE COLORES!!! Glad to hear how Tres Dias has positively impacted your life. It's been a blessing to me for almost 20 years...made NFTD#1 in Tallahassee back in 1989. Feel free to come by my new blog and share your 4th day experience!