Thursday, March 6, 2008

Two in one day....but good grief

Ok, this will be quick - but I am at home - getting ready to go on a church retreat and listening to a news show. The subject - the latest American Idol buzz about two promising YOUNG stars that have scandalous photos of them roaming around the internet.

Ya'll - we cannot tell our kids enough that what they put out on the internet is NEVER private. Pictures that seem fun at the moment and among 'friends' are NEVER a good idea. The book I talked about a few days ago, Logged in and Tuned Out talks about just this. The author, Vicki Courtney explores the idea of how kids posting things on Myspace and Facebook or where ever can come back to haunt them when they apply for jobs, (recruiters now search applicants on Google images and stuff like that to see what comes up) or even run for office or win beauty pageants. We've seen the controversy there too many times!!

Anyway....let's just keep checking their myspace and facebook pages and THANK YOU to all my friends who tell me from time to time what they find on my kids pages or about my kids on other pages!!! Let's keep each other informed!

No comments: