Thursday, March 6, 2008

That game is insane!!!



Before I start this blog....I have to say, I am laughing because I just looked through my photos to put with this blog. I had intended to put on of Max playing Guitar Hero that totally cracks me up....and then i found this one. Kelly is my sis-is-law and she is totally crazy! I love her....and this just made me smile. I think I am going to know if she reads this blog - because I'll hear from her I am sure. If my phone starts singing 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA - I'll know she read it! But in talking about video games...this is case in point that we all love them!! Right? Kelly, we won't even talk about the fact that your 9 year old nephew can beat the two of us with his eyes closed. What fun we had!!

Alright, on with the blog of the day! How do you feel about your kids video games...or do you totally trust what is out there?? I look at some of the games my kids play...and some they want to play....and there are times I just cringe. I wish I could ask the makers of Guitar Hero 3 why the girl guitarist can't seem to find jeans that fit her. I could help them her.....just get her some jeans that are long enough to cover her thong, or put her in a thong especially for low rise jeans...they make those. I am sure they are very comfy with the jeans that you really can't sit down in anyway. Total picture of comfort...but anyway, they are out there. There is never a need to show everyone what kind of underpants you are wearing....ON PURPOSE!! Anyway......that was my rant for the day.

Game of choice among Nick and his friends - Halo 3. They like to play online together. The XBOX live deal. It totally amazes me....seriously. The fact that you can be playing with your friends while you are in 4 separate houses.....that is so Jetson's. You know? Very cool. But there are other games, like this new Bioshock game. I'm not a fan. Very similar to the Halo game...but some creepy stuff as far as the characters, voices,graphics and story line. I wanted to find out more so I went to James Dobson's website www.family.org From there, you can look for links to movie/game reviews etc. I also encourage you to sign up for a free newsletter that is from Plugged In. You'll get some great free information on this site and within the newsletter. Sign up...it's free. Anyway, follow the links to game review and you'll see one for Bioshock. I'm not a fan. Here is a piece of the review;



Yes, in an era in which the majority of games are developed, marketed, sold, played and discarded with nary a deep thought of any kind entering anybody's head, BioShock is exceptionally stimulating. That doesn't make it exceptional, though. Far from it. To deserve such an accolade, a game must have more than artistic vision and engrossing gameplay. It even has to do more than merely make you think—or grapple with the differences between life and death.

Constant drug use, obscene language, high levels of violence and gore, warped spiritual worldviews ... and the perverse idea that one might be able to benefit from murdering children: these are the kinds of things that are often ignored when people—be they grizzled game reviewers in dim cubicles or fresh-faced teens hanging out after school—get to talking about video games. BioShock vividly reminds me that they shouldn't be.


I put the link within the blog....click on that to read more!

The game choices that are out there vary. Some are fun and our family really enjoys them. The Wii has great game choices and it seems to be more family oriented. For XBox - they always seem to be pushing the envelope. I feel we have to be on our toes and really look at what is coming into our house. This Bioshock game crosses many lines for me and I thought you might be experiencing the same thing. Especially if you have a teenage boy in your house! Unfortunately, this game has been in my house for a couple of weeks now. I was told... yeah.....by my son that it was really just like Halo. Not true. Needless to say...this game is leaving my house. The story within this game is dark and has some whacked out seeds that are being sown into the minds of way too many children. Read the review. Tell me what you think. I want to know!!

http://www.pluggedinonline.com/games/games/a0003855.cfm


You know, there is only one way to look at this and other things we are faced with daily. It's so hard...and I guess it really shouldn't be. But as parents, we want to give our kids the latest and greatest stuff, don't we? But...is it really great for their spirit man?

Phil 4:8
8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable -- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -- think about such things.

1 comment:

Julie said...

That is so funny.... did you show her your winning moves to welcome to the jungle. I can't see her playing that, very fun.

Fun stuff and thanks for the heads up. I'll check out the site.