Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How do you teach your child to lead?



You know, this one is for me today. I think about how I want my children to grow into strong leaders. Young men who make good decisions and influence others in the right way. Even when it comes to manners and so on. You know....like putting spoons on our noses when we are all dressed up in a nice restaurant. Just kidding....that is who we are as a family! I mean...you can dress us up....but we still get silly and have fun. So, that is not what I am talking about right now. I am talking about the decisions we make that affect our witness or ability to speak to others about God. I read a verse this morning that spoke to me about this.

And here you yourself must be an example to them of good deeds of every kind. Let everything you do reflect your love of the truth. Titus 2:7

How straight forward. How perfectly written. How perfectly written for me. As I teach my kids to be leaders and examples themselves, I too need to be sure that I am living as an example of someone who does good deeds....of every kind. I need to be sure I am reflecting MY love of truth in all that I do. ALL THAT I DO. We never stop learning, falling and receiving grace. Thank you Lord. We all need to strive daily to walk right, walk with the Lord in all things. Every day is a new opportunity. I am so thankful!

While we teach our kids to be one thing.....let's be sure our lives are showing that one thing we are teaching. Like I said, this one is for me today. Maybe you too. If we are teaching our kids to be courteous to others....are they hearing you gripe in the car when someone pulls out in front of you? Do we (me) drive the speed limit? Not everything is a big choice....some ways to be a good leader and an example is to pay attention to the smaller things! Yep.... good deeds of every kind. Let everything WE do today reflect our love of truth.

No comments: