Saturday, April 12, 2008

Where did that week go??????????

Wow....it's Saturday again, and I can't seem to remember where the last 6 days have gone! It was truly one of those weeks that just flew by. I work at a resort and I see people every day coming in for meetings, looking busy and then there are others who are coming to relax. They want to enjoy our spa, play golf and enjoy friends. That sounds so great!!

Yesterday, we had some major storms. So bad in fact that my neighbor across the street had a strong wind blow by their house taking a TREE with it. Like literally pulling up the root, stump and leaving a gigantic hole in their yard. Crazy! Well, while the winds and storm was hitting, we totally lost power. I found I was not alarmed or scared. Only Nick and I were at home. At first, Nick was the typical teenager asking..."what am I supposed to do now???". Me? Again, knowing everyone was safe somewhere else...and that our house was fine..... I said, "Let's just take a nap!". I was DELIGHTED!!! So, for the next two hours, that is what we did.

Kevin and Scout came home and found us on the couch. They joined us!! It was great! Soon, neighbors were outside talking and Kevin joined them....but not me. I stayed right there on the couch. Later, we realized that it would be a while before the power came back on so we decided to go grab some dinner and a movie. You see, there were no options to stay and get caught up on laundry or even worry about what I would make for dinner....DARN. :)

We had a great night out and enjoyed some much needed family time. In fact, the power in our entire area was out so we ran into friends while having dinner and enjoying unexpected time with them. It was actually quite fun!

All of that to say that I was so tired by the time Friday got here. I had so much to catch up on from being so busy during the week. But that was not the plan. The plan was to just be. To enjoy some time with the family, in the dark, resting, relaxing and then having a great night out! I feel great now. I am ready for a weekend.

God knows what we need and we can find his gifts in THE MOST unexpected places. I am not saying the storm was a gift for me. Heavens no. What I am saying is that if we look for good in things....we will find a gift. Like my solitude and quiet after a hectic week. The last thing I needed was piles of laundry. My body and soul were tired. God is good.....look for the ways he has been good to you. Maybe those ways that didn't come wrapped as gifts you recognized at first. Have you thought of one? Thank him for that and ask your children to do the same thing. Teach them to see those things too.


The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, (or on a way comfy brown sectional)
he leads me beside quiet waters,
He restores my soul.... Psalm 23:1-3

No comments: