Saturday, April 26, 2008

Flashback


Last night, Kevin and I helped to host a party for a friend of mine who turned 40. It was all 80's style and so much fun. Before the party, Kevin gave me a card that was just an I love you card....but had some fun highschool stuff in it too. Like the TLA we would draw all connected...representing, True Love Always! Remember that??? For the record, I was TOTALLY impressed that my checkered van wearing date remembered how to twist the black jellies together for the perfect bracelet. If you don't remember that, ask Kevin...he'll tell you all about it!

Anyway, we danced, laughed and totally, like enjoyed the decade you know? :) I loved my big hair...but Kevin did say, he is glad he didn't experience my hair sprayed, blown out big hair days....he might not have been a fan!

Which, had me thinking - Nick is in highschool now and having his own moments. 2008 moments...which what is that? Will they have parties in 20 years and say, Wear your 2008 stuff. Totally insane....American Eagle Jeans and Tshirts...crazy man!! or...not. This age is not as crazy, clothes like as we were. Just an observation, that's all.

Anyway, this is just a quick blog and a pic from last night and my own personal reminder that while I was just a big haired girl in the 80's, God still knew his plan for me. It was to marry a wonderful man from Florida - that wore more OP and Quicksilver than most guys I went to school with and probably wore less Izod than those that I went to school with. But, totally perfect for me.

2 comments:

Kelly J said...

As scary as this could've been for ya'll to be dressed in "80's"...it actually suits you...You could possible be THE ONES to bring it all back again...Ya'll look so cute. ok. and where's the birthday blog???You MUST blog about your birthday that was yesterday...I know you have pictures.

The Gluten Free Bluebird said...

I told Melodi I wrote the book on big hair back then and she is still looking for this so-called book... now I'm going to show her this pic and tell her you have the book!

smiles, shelley