Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Saying Thank You




So far, the first week of school has been GREAT! I am so thankful. Max has a great teacher and like last year, we are excited to see what his year will hold. Max had a WONDERFUL 3rd grade teacher. We loved her. This year, at registration, I walked in to see that a friend of mine from Tres Dias is his 4th grade teacher! After we hugged and just went silly....we got around to introducing Max to Ms. Howell. It was awesome!

The night before school started, we grabbed his back pack from last year to get it ready for the first day of school. To our surprise (because we had not opened it all summer) we found a stack of papers! LOL Typical for my house. Glad there was nothing I had to return to school over the summer in that stack of papers. Anyway, there was a poem inside that totally captured my attention. It was something he wrote back in April about himself.


*click on the picture to enlarge it if you can't read it.

As I read his poem, I had the best mama goosebumps. You know exactly what I mean. Even daddies have them at times. So proud of him and so thankful that he knows Jesus. I'm also reminded that its not just because of what Kevin and I share with him, it is with the help of family, teachers and friends that he knows the Lord so sweetly. We are surrounded by a community that has truly shared Jesus with my kids. Max's 3rd grade year at church was a big year for him. He became a Christian and grew a bigger understanding of who Jesus is. He had Wednesday night teachers Ms. Jennifer and Ms. Andy that totally challenged him to memorize Bible verses. (And challenged me to keep with him on that task. :) )They fed into his spiritual life and who he is in Christ. Pastor Derrick shared God's love with him weekly as well. He did this by making each Sunday special and creative in teaching God's word. Before Pastor Derrick - we had a wonderful friend, Pastor Phil that for 5 years had been telling Max who Jesus is and how God loved him. My friends Julie and Becky who worked in the kids area and on choir musicals - weekly shared musical words of how God loves us with my son. He would sing those songs in his room. They are in his heart now too.

What I am saying....is that because of all of those people and our home included - when Max was asked the question....Who is Max? He could easily answer that. He loves Jesus. Were there other words written there?? Because if there were...I surely didn't see them. So, to all of you who give and share with my family, thank you for giving to my son and for being a servant of our Lord.

P.S. Max really does want to go to Paris. If you ask him where he would like to go on vacation...he typically says Paris. Although he gets confused whether its in Italy or France! We think he got this desire from the movie Ratatouille. Who really knows???



Matthew 9:36-37
He put a child in the middle of the room. Then, cradling the little one in his arms, he said, "Whoever embraces one of these children as I do embraces me, and far more than me—God who sent me."

4 comments:

Kelly J said...

I got "auntie" goosebumps...I love that Max-a-Million

Andi said...

That is so sweet. Max always brought lots of laughter into the room on Wednesday nights. I usually couldn't sit by him because we got in trouble together. He is absolutely precious Shannon!!

Shannon Johnson said...

Hey Ms. Andi!!! I mispelled your name. I'll go back and edit that! LOL Seriously....you are so sweet and you so 'got' him and I thank you for that girl!! I hope your sweet kids are doing good too. I miss seeing you.

Shannon Johnson said...

Aunt Kelly - you are just the best Aunt ever! I mean that. He adores you and loves you to pieces.