Monday, July 14, 2008

My Place

I love getting up in the mornings and having 'my time'. I truly need that time to get ready for the day. In all the fun of summer - I have to admit my routines some times get tossed to the side. I go and go....and then eventually, begin thinking....'I've got to have some time'. What begins to be evident in me....is I've missed my time alone with God. My 'tank is running on empty' some would say.

This weekend, while Kevin was away I did some SERIOUS cleaning. Now, that may not sound like the ideal Saturday night to you - but for me...it was GLORIOUS. I felt so good once I went to be Saturday night. One of the things I did was move my side table back to my living room. Back around Christmas, I moved it into my bedroom beside the bed to accommodate the Christmas tree. I replaced it with a smaller table that could fit beside our tree. After the tree came down.......I just left the smaller table. It was nice for a while....but it totally altered 'my place'.

It felt different and I knew it each time I sat there. I've spent many mornings praying over my husband, children, job, friends, family and for myself in that spot. For me...that is holy ground. I know....that my God meets me there each day. I love that. I need that....and I've missed that!

So this morning.....when I read His word...and listened for his voice....my room was right. Ah.....its the little things. But...its a big thing when we seek him right?

Psalm 46:10

"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth." (and in my living room)

This may sound totally insane for some of you....but maybe you need a spot too. Somewhere that you feel God meets you each day. We know that God is all around us and the Holy Spirit...walks with us - but a place is special and I find I NEED it each day. A place where I can be still and know. Do you?

No comments: