Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Last Days of Summer

How do you make the most of the last week of summer??? That is the question that is going through my house in a big way right now. Granted...this question is not as serious as what would you do if you only had a week to live....but to some....its essentially the same.

We are filling this week with sleeping late, midweek sleepovers, hanging out with friends, spontaneous movie nights....whatever. The last few days will be fun! And then, I have to face the fact that I am now the parent of a junior in high school, an 8th grader and a sweet 4th grader too. Whew...at least there is still one in elementary school, but not for long....I see that happening fast too.

I remember my summer days as a kid and how they seemed to go on and on. But my days were really summer lazy days filled with play time and just fun stuff. I loved that time....and want my kids to have great memories too.

So, enjoy your week and have lots of fun. I like what the Bible says about numbering our days. Realizing that they are valuable....and a gift from God. Each one is an opportunity that we will never get to do again. Wow! That is really cool and sometimes scary to think about.

Psalm 90:12

Teach us to number our days,
that we may gain a heart of wisdom


Lord, teach us to number our days so that we live wisely and without regret. Thank you for our families and the many blessings you give us! You are a most gracious God and giver of good, good gifts, days of summer...being one of them!

No comments: