Friday, June 6, 2008

Picture This...

There is a verse in the Bible that I have always loved. It speaks peace to me.

Zephaniah 3:17

The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing

I remember the first time I heard that. It was like wow...I get that. I sing over my children. Well...I guess I did more when they were little. But, when I am happy I sing. When I hold a baby (or even my own big babies) I want to sing. The picture of my God singing over me....perfect peace.

I ran across a blog this morning that I often read. Usually, to laugh a bit. It's called Stuff Christians Like. EXTREMELY sarcastic...but funny at times too. (Steve Irby...if you are reading this...you would like this guy) Well, today, he got serious. Let me back up, all his posts have a serious side to a Christian issue. But he finds a humorous way to make us look deep at something good. I think if you like watching 'The Office' on NBC - you'll like this! I know I've got some 'Office' friends our there. I've seen your facebook pages and your 'Office' flair. Ha!

Anyway, today he has a blog on unused gifts. One line mentions that he heard God say to him that when he used his talents for God, God sings. Beautiful. Read this and see what you think. Like me, maybe you'll become a frequent visitor! You might have to copy and paste this link into your browser...cause I just can't figure out how to put an actual link here. Sorry!! I've only had one cup of coffee.

http://stufffchristianslike.blogspot.com/2008/06/271-being-afraid-to-use-our-gifts.html

No comments: