Monday, June 2, 2008

Kodak Moments



Ok...well, alot has happened since Thursday of last week. We celebrated Nick's birthday and enjoyed a long weekend in Sandestin. It was wonderful. I soaked up every minute of beach time I could without getting burned and found some time to just relax on our beautiful porch in the house we 'lived' in for the weekend. It was exactly what I needed.

I love taking pictures of my boys and our getaways. I want to preserve the moment as much as I can because they are special times. You know what I mean I am sure. Just like when we dress our kids up...we want to enjoy the 'age' they are and what memories we have of them at that time. Am I alone - or do you find that when you are trying to capture the perfect moment, it is any thing BUT a Kodak moment. If its a planned picture, there is whining and frustration between the perfect smiles for the 'click' of the camera. If you are on vacation (like I was) there is silliness and lots of fun faces. Now, the kids are totally enjoying it! Laughing it up....but me (you) the parents, are well....less entertained. It's no longer that Kodak Moment. The picture above is my example. There are many more...believe me. Actually a series of what we were trying to do....but didn't accomplish. But as I look at them now...I think, 'I have really funny kids'. I do! They truly do crack me up. And I love that they enjoy making me laugh. That is just another reminder to me to keep it simple...enjoy the moments...and the 'real life' pictures like these are what makes my family fun.....and special. And for that...I'll exchange every perfectly posed photo in the world! Go love and laugh with your kids today and forget about making your house perfect....nobody really lives in 'those' kind of houses anyway.

No comments: