Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Life List


Ok...my 16 year old has a friend over who is about to crash. They've had football for the last couple of weeks from 7:30am until around lunch each day. Tonight, they finished the day by attending a great church event that takes place each Tuesday at Cathedral of the Cross Church. It's called The Basement. Visit this page for more information....it's truly amazing!

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0917/p20s01-ussc.html

Well, like I said - Nick's friend is crashing and my son is wide awake. He's intent on making a life list before he goes to bed. Things he wants to accomplish while he is alive on this earth. He seems pretty psyched about it. I wonder if they heard about that tonight at The Basement. Or...has he been thinking about it for a while?

I too have a list going. But my list is compiled of a few things I want to do before I turn 40. I think that God wants and INTENDS for us to soak up every minute of this life. It's a gift. To be enjoyed and to ultimately bring glory to Him. How happy he must be when a teenager sees and feels moved to make the most of their God given life.

I love the song by Point of Grace - How you live.

Grab a cup a cup of coffee....and check this song out. Maybe you'll be inspired to revisit or start a life list of your own.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7HFk6flUOQ

No comments: