Friday, October 17, 2008

Update on Nick





I don't have much of an update other than the doctors did say that Nick was responding well to his treatment. While that is good....we still don't have all the answers and results of his lab work. Please pray with us that we get that today. They took more blood this morning and our close friend who is a doctor at Brookwood pushed around on Nick's abdomen a bit....and it was still tender. A little too much I think. He also said with Nick on the pain meds still ever 3 hours, it might not be likely that he'll go home today. We hope for an update from our GI doctor soon.

God has blessed us with so many amazing friends. Awesome is all I can say. Not only did so many adults come in to pray over our sweet son......but a group of his friends came by to lay hands on him and pray as well. Nick's Muslim friend came along as well and found himself in the middle of a group of teens laying on hands....and claiming healing in the name of Jesus. God is good.

This is the group of kids that prayed over Nick.

This sweet visitor stayed a bit longer than the others....


Nick's friend Lucas dropped by late last night....right when he was getting his 'happy juice' as he calls it. The first 15 minutes afterwards.....are pretty fun for him.




I'll update more soon I hope...but for now, Nick is comfortable when the pain meds kick in. However, Kevin told me they were walking the halls at 1am last night trying to get Nick's mind off the pain in between doses. I'm going to relieve my husband now so he can sleep.....in something other than the hospital recliner.

Psalm 139
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.


Thank you Lord that you are EVERYWHERE we are....and that you never leave us....never!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Hey my friend-I am praying for Nick. I hope you can feel the prayers and love I am sending. Get rest when you and Kevin can.

Love you,

Tonya

Amy said...

I am praying for Nick, Kevin, the boys, the doctors and nurses, and you too. I am so sorry for him. Please know that I'm keeping you in my thoughts.