Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nickolas -meaning; Victorious People

I love when God speaks to you through others. Thank you to my sweet friend who sent an email to me reminding me that as we pray for my son to get better.....his name means Victorious. Oh yeah.....I knew that.

I do have a peace about my son right now. It's something in the center of my core - I know he will be fine and I felt good going to sleep last night. Don't get me wrong, I worried about him, but I felt that he was in the right place and had the right people around him to help him get better.

My friends email this morning simply said that she felt led to share the following with me;

I was praying for Nick tonight, and I really feel like the Lord showed me that there is a reason Nick's name is Nick. As you know, Nick means "victorious," and God is going to give him victory over this illness. You guys are making an incredible impact on the lives of children and their parents, and Satan can't stand it. I'm just going to keep praying for healing for Nick as well as for protection for your entire family.

Now, I don't know how much impact we are making, but I do pray that each person in my house is used to bring others to the Lord. That is what it is all about. And I do know that Satan will attack where he can.

So as I look back, I am encouraged, because I see that we have been down this road before. SERIOUSLY - Nick has gone through some crazy 'health' stuff for his young life and each time.....God brings him out just fine....and we say, "Wow....that was crazy". But this time.....I will be sure to say, Thank you Lord that you continue to win these battles over my son's health. Thank you Lord that you have a plan for Nick and it is good. Thank you Lord that you have called my son to do something.....whatever that something is.....great for you! And nothing...no NOTHING will stand in your way. I love that. It's a promise for me and my family. God is good.

No comments: