Friday, October 24, 2008

Girl Time

I know...this post is completely girly. I like that sometimes!!! I work for a great hotel and with absolutely GREAT people. I really feel blessed. Part of my job does have me traveling to Atlanta and some of our other hotels from time to time - which are all in the state of Alabama. Anyway, today I had a group of pastors and their wives come tour our hotel in Florence, Alabama. My job is to kind of be the host...tour them around and allow them to enjoy the property and all the great benefits....like spa! I am such a spa girl...I enjoy it in a BIG way. Anyway...so, tonight, we opted for spa treatments in lieu of doing dinner in the fine dining restaurant and then we all went back and had room service. That is my kind of night. So...while Kevin and my boys are sitting on my amazingly comfy couch watching Man Vs. Wild....I was totally enjoying my jammie time with room service while feeling quite relaxed from the spa time. Ah....now....I'll go to bed soon - but before I do.....here is a pic of my dinner....


Yeah....it was too late for a big dinner. ;)

Yeah...it wasn't very good.....can you tell?


And my movie....Sisterhood of the Pants 2.




And....now, I shall sleep. However, I'm reminded of the verse that has popped up in my life for the last couple of months....and tonight....it fits in a very practical way.

Hebrews 4:10 - 11
for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his. Let us, therefore, make every effort to enter that rest, so that no one will fall by following their example of disobedience.


Does God ever just put scripture in front of you over and over again in the most unique ways. Maybe you hear a verse and feel moved. Then...you hear that verse on the radio or a friend shares it with you. Or....even a month later - you receive a greeting card with that very verse on the front! To me...that is God's creative way of saying...Hey you...I'm trying to tell you something. That is the way Heb 4:10 is for me. I know the full context of the verse is our afterlife...and that final rest. But that one section keeps coming up for me...like he wants me to hear something specific about the here and now. So....either He is telling me to get rest....or I'm the one falling by following the example of disobedience....I hope its the first. So...on that note - I'm going to rest in my big ole' comfy Marriott Bed. You know they do have great bedding packages....its true.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I just wanted to squish down in the other bed in that room and eat that yumminess and watch that movie too!! lol... What fun. A sweet rest after your very busy and difficult couple of weeks. I'm so happy for you! (And was the movie good? I like the first one...)

Shannon Johnson said...

HA!!! That would have been fun! We just need a reunion spend the night time don't we?

I loved the movie....I loved the first one too. Tibby is super sweet in this one.... a must see girl! :)