Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Scout is 14 today!

I love celebrating my kids birthdays. For me, its always a journey back to the day they were born. I guess everyone does that whether they are a parent.....or they are someone elses child. The day you make your debut into this world is special! I remember when I found out I was pregnant with Scout. I didn't know what to really expect, even though I had already had one baby already. I remember talking to my mom and I think I might have been crying too...or at least starting too. But I told her, "I can't imagine loving anything as much as I already love Nick". I was so scared that I would not feel enough love for a second baby....because Nick just overwhelmed every ounce of my heart and then some. My mom reassured me, telling me that I would love my second baby, every bit as much as I do my first. She had experienced those feelings too, having two girls of her own.

Preparing to go to the hospital, I was so worried about Nick. I didn't want him to feel left out, jealous...all those things. We did the whole big brother thing and had tshirt for him, a birthday cake to celebrate Scout's arrival....you name it. Anyway, when Scout was born, he had some challenges with his breathing and ended up in ICU for a few days. We actually ended up being discharged without our baby. I was so sad. It was probably then that I knew....I could love two babies just the same and just as deep. The feelings that I thought were impossible to give to more than one child....were big enough to share...and would eventually be shared with another sweet boy 4 years after Scout was born!

Makes me kind of think about God's love. How he loves me as much as he loves you. The fact that he loves the man who is so lost and removed from him......just as much as he loves me. As a heavenly father, he loves no one greater or more than anyone else. Sometimes, when things don't go our way, we feel less loved and maybe less important. But God, always has us on his mind and ALWAYS loves us. Even when we walk through the valleys. Sometimes, we are in the valley because of choices we make. At other times - its part of a bigger plan we've yet to realize. Whatever the reason.... I'm just glad he loves me.

Scout had a good birthday morning - his favorite breakfast. Actually, I made 'Biscuits and Eggs' Irby Style just for him. The kids have been asking me to do that since vacation and I had yet to do it. So, Irby Family...if you read this, know that you were in our thoughts this morning! Your porch and some coffee....would have made those eggs even better! During breakfast we gave Scout a bag with 14 surprises inside....his favorite stuff....from man food, football cards to root beer. He was happy. This December - he'll receive his official birthday present. He'll be cheering on Brett Favre as he starts the Jets / Titan game in Nashville. He's excited. He's blessed and he is loved!!!!!


Pslam 139

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

No comments: