Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Wii bit of fun!




Ok, so I'm out of town and I've really missed my Wii Fit. Seriously! We've been looking for one since they came out months ago! Kevin surprised me last Sunday morning when I saw one advertised in the paper. I saw it and told Kevin we needed to go see if Target had them in because it had been weeks since they had even advertised them in their flyer! The next thing I know - I go downstairs for more coffee....and BAM...there on my coffee table is a Wii Fit. So fun! Let's just say we all enjoyed Wii Fit that day....some of us more than others. Its becoming obvious that our youngest finds this to be more work than fun. He likes some of it...but I think he prefers the 'old school' sit and veg games to the active Wii. If you have one of these you know what I'm talking about. Two days of Skiing downhill....my thighs were amazingly sore! Embarrassingly sore actually. I thought wow....all of this pain because I was playing a video game. Pretty cool.

Anyway, The funniest part of this whole experience for us is when we each made our health profile. On the Wii, you create people to look similar to you and use that person to play the games. During the health evaluation, we found that not only did we give them our height, but standing on the Wii Fit Board gave them our weight and overall BMI. I was first - we didn't know what to expect...or I would NOT have been first in front of my boys. Let's just say my cute little Wii girl dressed in a pink tshirt on my HUGE tv set......plumped up just a bit after I completed my evaluation. I thought...what the heck. Why make the Wii person gain weight? I mean, couldn't my girl look thin on the Wii??? After the big reveal about weight and where you should be based upon age / height - you learn that as you play the Wii Fit and as you weigh each week and lose weight...your Me person does to! So, now I feel responsible for not only myself....but my sweet little Wii Me dressed in pink to! Insane....ingenious and incredibly fun! I just wish some of you could have been with us when this happened in real time. The boys totally cracked up when my gal changed sizes. It was funny. Kevin had this inner conflict going on. Laughing....unsure if he should enjoy the laughter...but still laughing! Again, this was a gift for me right? Was it supposed to insult me too? HA! Oh, and that picture above is not our family. Our would be the entire clan...the five of us....and they all look pretty similar to us as well!

I thought I would post a few pictures of the Wii Fun. Just for fun of course.

The picture turned out kind of dark. I'm still learning to use the settings on my camera. But Kevin was loving this. Hula hooping is actually harder than you think!

Scout was a pro! He could actually do everything great and when this thing evaluated his sense of balance...he was pretty much dead on! His Wii Me did not get chubby....Duh....

Honestly....I miss having fun with my guys tons more than I just miss the exercise. Its things like this that we do together....and continue to knit us together. Sounds corny....but it is so true. Whether its cards at the table, watching the Packers together or playing Wii Fit as a family - even when Nick says he so doesn't want to do this! He does. Its family time and is always fun. Makes me thankful for my family and all that we can share together. One day, we'll be sitting around a dinner table one holiday....and one of my boys will recall how hard they laughed watching their mom's game character plump up on the TV and how funny that was. And we'll all laugh again.....I think. I hope I'm just not in full blown menapause and begin to cry....ha! Just kidding..... I hope I can always keep a good sense of humor with my kids no matter how old we get or how crazy I get.

Psalm 128: 1-3

1 Blessed are all who fear the LORD,
who walk in his ways.
2 You will eat the fruit of your labor;
blessings and prosperity will be yours.

3 Your wife will be like a fruitful vine
within your house;
your sons will be like olive shoots
around your table


I read that verse in my quiet time earlier this week and I thought...you know, that is me. I love my life and am so thankful for the many blessings the Lord has given me. Enjoying my family is one of those blessings. I thank God for my husband, who loves me like crazy and my boys who love me and enjoy life with me. God is good...all the time...and all the time...God is good!!! And...so is exercise on my Wii Fit!

No comments: