Saturday, September 6, 2008

The words on that sign...say it all, about last night anyway!


Well, it was out first home game at Spain Park and we were so excited! Tailgating in the parking lot...wearing my jag shirt.....thinking we would celebrate a victory. Ah....not so much.

The Pelham Panthers put up a huge fight. GREAT GAME. I had heard the sports casters say that from our 6A division, Hoover, Spain Park and Pelham were the teams to watch. To be honest....I was surprised Pelham was there. I mean...Pelham? Where did that come from. They played strong against Oak Mountain and won last week and last night. They were on! We tailgated with some friends that have kids at Pelham. They were great enough to sit in the 'blue' JAG side with us, but that didn't stop them from cheering. And truly...that had every right....their guys were playing good. At one point in the 4th quarter, the Jags ran a touch down that would have won the game for us. Only to find that a flag would be called on the play....and that would seal the game. Ahh....

Well, here are some pictures for you to enjoy. We had a great time...but honestly....the best part for me was definitely, the hanging out with good people. Oh! And the people watching for sure. My dad likes to say that I take pictures just to prove I was watching part of the game. :) Maybe....there is some truth to that. I do enjoy my watching...and the talking too!

Hanging with some friends! The kids loved throwing the football and just hanging out. If you come to a Spain Park game...look for us early!

Kevin grilling some really tasty hot dogs.

Nick is #35. Go Nick! So cute...I mean manly.


This is right before the second half of the game.

The pep talk after the loss....it breaks your heart to see those big guys come off the field with tears.....whew....can't everyone win? That is why moms aren't coaches!


Max and his buddy at the game. There is a story I'll blog about later...who knows its raining and I might even do it later today. I don't plan on being out and about today!

No rush to leave after the game!


Ben & Josh after the game. I wonder if Ben is thinking, 'Dude...don't get that paint on me! I prefer Pelham gold and green!'

No comments: