Sunday, February 8, 2009

Working is a good thing.....or at least it can be.

I am traveling with my fun co-workers this week. We have trade show we are attending in Atlanta, GA. This blog is total randomness and just for fun. Most trade shows are boring....unless you can share it with someone you have fun with! This is Jessica - she has become such a good friend. We travel together monthly. She represents our hotels in the central area of our state while I handle the Northern area now.


We truly enjoy working together. We know each other fairly well now after working together for a few years. We laugh about these trade shows and dinners and sometimes think..."I just want to blow off this one last dinner". You know the feeling....when you think nobody is looking!!! My boss is not in Atlanta with me...would he ever know??? And then....we think again....because we know we've been blessed with great jobs.

Colossians 3:23 (The Message)

22-25Servants, do what you're told by your earthly masters. And don't just do the minimum that will get you by. Do your best. Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you'll get paid in full when you come into your inheritance. Keep in mind always that the ultimate Master you're serving is Christ. The sullen servant who does shoddy work will be held responsible. Being a follower of Jesus doesn't cover up bad work.


I remember the first time I read that verse and realized that what I do when I am by myself at my job or at any responsibility is so important. God is always with me. He expects me to be on task because I am to be a reflection of him. I know.....it puts a real kink into that calling in sick thing doesn't it????

Now....even while we do our best job...we still manage to have some silly fun along the way. Today - we found some fun 'name badge' ribbons that we decided to add to our badges.

This is Jess with her Exhibitor/Worship Me/My brain hurts badge. The Worship me was funny for some reason earlier. Not so sure anymore why though.....but it sure cracked us up when we had been smiling and talking nonstop to people we didn't know for 3 hours. HA!


Here, you can see I'm an Exhibitor Goddess with OCD tendencies. She gave that one to me...I wonder what she means about me being OCD...hmmm.



Anyway, its late and I'm done. Gotta get some sleep because I have one more day of telling people why they should hold their meetings in Alabama. Hey...do you have a meeting you want to plan in Alabama??? I know a great hotel.....

No comments: