Thursday, February 19, 2009

Scout always something going on!


In the middle of a crazy month - Scout manages to do something really cool. Well, let me take that back. Scout is always managing to do something really cool. Sometimes....it is only Scout that realizes how cool it is....but there is always something cool going on with him! I have to laugh....he's just funny. He is pretty happy go lucky on most days. I am thankful for that disposition. But....there are things that he struggles with too that make him a most interesting child, but that is not what I'm talking about today.

We started 2009 with a bang for many reasons. Too many to blog about right here and now. But during the month of January....Scout was awarded Student of the Month for the 8th grade at his school. I am very proud of him. Also funny is that he is the only one out of my boys who reads my blog. Scout....I am proud of you!!! Not for reading this silly.....but for being a great kid! :)

Sometimes you just want people to know what's going on. And then there are other times......you just don't want to share! Am I right??? Thankfully, this is a fun thing that I am glad to share.

Seriously, the Student of the Month thing is a big deal for me. Mainly because each day I get up I think about how I want to be and how I hope my children behave and carry themselves too. A Llllllooooooonnnnnng time ago at my Ladies Bible Study a friend of mine made a comment about a Bible Verse that she read every day as she woke up. Lisa mentioned that whatever she is feeling when she wakes up....she says this verse;

Colossians 3:12

"As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compasion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience"



Whatever we feel....even on the bad hair days.....as Christians, we are still God's people. We still have ways we need to act.....live....and share. At an age where there can be much attitude on a daily basis.....I am very proud of him.


This is funny for me....We are not endorsing a candidate.....its just funny....to me anyway.

No comments: