Thursday, February 19, 2009

Funny Reality

I have to update the previous posting. I laughed about it all the way to work. As I wrote that early this am - and woke my boys up just loving who they are, made breakfast for them...(yes a hot breakfast!) the attitude by my Student of the Month was not like Col 3:12. (and perhaps neither was I)

He was frustrated that I did not wash 'the right clothes' last night and in turn put his sweaty nasty clothes in my dryer of nicely washed clothes so they would smell better for today. When I asked him to take them out...he argued because he needed them for today and he claimed he had expressed that to me several times.

I have a thing about no raised voices in the morning - so that we send the boys out in love. Yeah....so silence fell......and so did the nasty clothes in my dryer. But it was funny. So if you think that things in my house are always rosey....and deal with perfectly responding children.....think again. Its probably just like yours or perhaps more disfunctional at times!

That is why blogging about the great happenings is such a delight. Its really just that these special stand out accomplishments remind us (me) as parents that things are really better than we often think they are!!!

No comments: