Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My niece is here!!!



Peighton Bailey LaShun was born yesterday around 4:20pm. Her mom and dad, Jennifer and Vince are doing great. I was honored and privileged to be in the room to see her enter this world. I am forever grateful for that!! It was awesome and she is amazingly beautiful. I'm reminded again that James 1:17 tells us,
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows


Kevin and took the boys to meet their new cousin last night. They all loved her!!! I was surprised by the tenderness they showed as well as their eagerness to touch and hold her. Max looked at me while he was holding her and said "She's even better than a puppy". Maybe I should have reminded him that my preference would be to get him another puppy...in case he was suggesting something to me.

I am blessed to be placed in the plan of Peighton's life. We are each here to give and pour into someone elses life. Who looks to you? Who has the Lord put in your path that you might love, encourage and help along their journey? It is a privilege to be part of someones life. I'm reminded of that with the birth of Peighton. I am so thankful for her health, her life and God's plan for her life. He knows why she is here. He created her tiny little nose, beautiful eyes and those long fingers and toes! Wow...they are quite long. Please pray for my niece and speak these words over her life with me;

Numbers 6:24 - 26

' "The LORD bless you
and keep you;

the LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you;

the LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace."

2 comments:

Kelly J said...

She is beautiful! I love all of your pictures. Jen looks great! Peightin is very blessed to have you as an aunt. She doesn't know it yet, but she will soon!

Kelly J said...

oops...Peighton