Sunday, May 25, 2008

Easy like a Sunday afternoon.....

I know the song from the 70's was Easy Like a Sunday Morning, but today - we were Easy Like a Sunday Afternoon. It was awesome. We've been traveling here and there and it seems that lately, we never sit and enjoy our home! That really bothers me. Do you ever feel that you spend so much time getting your house to a point where each room is completed or decorated....then you never get to just sit and enjoy it??? I feel that way alot. I've tried to be better about finding time to be at home...to just be. You know? Today was one of those days.

Nick went to visit a friend, but Max and Scout truly shared the same vibe Kev and I had. We just laid around for most of the day. Enjoyed each other....movie time on the couch.... a nap here and there. When we were hungry, there was always crackers and cheese. It was that kind of day. GLORIOUS. It was all about being with family and spending some time talking too. It was much needed.

We'll end the night soon with a fireworks show. Compliments of Scout Johnson! I brought back some fun fireworks for the boys driving back from my last Atlanta trip. They love that.

I guess this blog is simply for me. To journal a good day and thank God for this Sunday. I feel very blessed. I feel content and for that, I praise the one who placed me in this very spot. His plan for me was good...and I feel very prosperous!

Psalm 105

1-4 Hallelujah! Thank God! Pray to him by name!
Tell everyone you meet what he has done!
Sing him songs, belt out hymns,
translate his wonders into music!
Honor his holy name with Hallelujahs,
you who seek God. Live a happy life!
Keep your eyes open for God, watch for his works;
be alert for signs of his presence.
Remember the world of wonders he has made,
his miracles, and the verdicts he's rendered


Thank the Lord today for your good life. Your happy life! And since tomorrow is Memorial Day...find some time to take a break and enjoy your home and your family. Look around at what the Lord has done, just for you.

No comments: