Monday, December 29, 2008

Things that made me laugh this Christmas....

Well, its Monday...after Christmas.....before New Years and nobody is really in the mindset of going back to work are they??? I feel like the holiday has lasted about a month...but in a good way. I like that. I am almost ready for routine...but will enjoy this one last week of laziness!! And some work too....

I was looking through pictures, making some online albums for my family to enjoy and thought I would share a couple with you that made me just laugh out loud. Love those moments...don't you. You may not get them....and that is ok - but you might enjoy the thought behind them.

This is one of our Nativity Scene that Nick had when he was a toddler. Each year we bring it out...and it is placed in the bathroom. Odd I know - but when he was little...just like his two little brothers - it became the bathtime Nativity set. Seriously - so now, each time I see them in the bathroom I can tell that the boys have re-arranged them in some crazy way. Here, the donkey is taking on one of the wise men...or is that Joseph? I do see one of the wise men standing on his head. They used to put the baby Jesus in the Alligator mouth in the bathroom - that was a bit too far for me - you know?


This next one is not truly captured...but it is Nick explaining to Scout not to hit him in the head with the nerf darts....he wants the suction cups to stick to his back. "Get closer if you have to Scout!" I think those were his last words....


This one...I've already blogged about - but its worth repeating. Scout in a banana suit on Christmas Eve...too funny....and weird I know.



I love this one....the laugh I get from this one is just awesome. Its when the puppy we got the boys ran around the corner to see them. Nick's face....Scouts yell....Max's action to scoop the pup up....will stay with me for YEARS! Total awesomeness.

These last few are just some great family shots. To quote Scout as we left my mom and dad's house on Christmas day..... we have a great family...we are truly blessed.


The Johnsons celebrating in Young Harris, GA

The Men (and Dixie) at my parents house Christmas day


The Girls at my parents house Christmas Day

I hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Christmas and also found time to be amazed at the true gift and miracle of Christmas. I look forward to 2009....who knows what we'll laugh at this year!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great picture and great laughs too! I love your family so much. It makes ME want to be your kid!!!!! :)