Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's Christmas Eve


So its Christmas Eve....well technically its already Christmas Day because its after midnight. I have found myself somewhat alone....as my sweet husband sleeps on the couch. He is fighting a cold and though we still have much to do tonight....I'm letting him sleep. I am listening to Alabama Public Television - wonderful Christmas music and feeling content.

Tonight was wonderful - we had a beautiful first Christmas Eve Service at a2 with our new church family. My sister and her family came. So very special. Beyond words..... I held my niece while the pastor spoke and just felt blessed to have her with us. My sister and I enjoyed being together on Christmas Eve for the first time.....since I married 17 years ago. Lots of time has passed.....and now we are raising children together. I guess I'm pretty well ahead of her, but feel alot of the same things now. Here is a pic of them from our Candlelight Service.

Here is me and my men...minus Nick...he was talking.



One of my favorite parts of tonight was waiting for the Hoover Fire Truck. Nothing happened....its just a fun thing they do each year. For the last 14 years...maybe longer, but I only remember 14 - the Hoover Fire Department rides around on the firetruck - sirens blasting and Santa riding on top. The kids in the neighborhood love it. All 3 of mine love it still! So tonight...was no exception. They loved it. This year, Scout opted to greet them in a banana suit. He enjoyed every minute. I'm not certain why....but that didn't matter...he just enjoyed it. I think the firemen got a kick out of it too!



Well....my eyelids are getting heavy...and like I said, there are still a few things to do so I need to wake my sweet husband and get this show on the road...Oh....did I mention there is a puppy keeping warm in Kevin's shed? Yeah....she's a sweet baby dachshund that will run to our boys with a big ole' bow around her neck. I can't wait.....so I must sleep now so I can enjoy it. Well...in a few minutes at least.

Whatever you do on Christmas day - know that a Savior came down from Heaven because he loved you. Even if you were the only one on earth....he still would have left everything for you...because you are worth the cost. He loves you and me. I am thankful and celebrate today because of that one reason. My pastor reminded us that out of all the Christmas Bible Verses we can find in the Bible...it really comes down to just one....John 3:16.

John 3:16 (The Message)

16-18"This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.


Merry Christmas!

No comments: