Friday, August 21, 2009

Are you ready for some football????

I love this time of year! Not that I am huge fan of football itself. But, I am a huge fan of friends and gatherings and tailgating in general. So fun! If you know me even a little bit, you are probably familiar with the fact that my house will never turn down company or a party! So tonight is fun in our house for two reasons. One, my husband has his official NFL Fantasy Football draft. He takes this very seriously along with the other men that play with him. Now, this group of men started as a small group of a church we attended a few years back. All in the name of men's ministry right? Well, they all became friends and they are still playing years later. They literally gather in a room and have draft drawings, trading and so on. All I know is that every Packer accessory we have is packed in Kevin's car to be used tonight to decorate 'his area'. I love this for him!

Tonight for me will be the Spain Park Jamboree. Our son Scout will play for the first time as a highschooler. He is a wide receiver on the Freshman team and he is psyched! Here is his game face...


Cute face....


This was his first 'wear your jersey' to school moment. I am sure it was a good morning. And while I am excited for him, I prayed for my oldest today as he went to school without his football jersey today. He's played football since 6th grade and has loved it. This past year, at the end of his junior year, he decided not to play anymore. Though he had a fun 'free' summer of no practice - he felt a twinge of sadness this morning. His best buds still in their jerseys today....and he's not. I know he made the right decision for him - but I also know what he felt today and will feel tonight at that first kick off. Say a prayer for boy if you don't mind. Actually say a prayer for both Scout and Nick. Scout - that he plays well and stays safe. Nick, that he has joy and confidence in his decision and that its not as hard as I imagine it might be. Oh...a mama's heart.

Earlier this week I blogged about the first week of school but had lost Max's picture. Well, here it is! Better late than never. Oh...check out the shoes. Max has never asked for anything in particular when it comes to shoes - but this year...he wanted Vanns. How fun for me.....kicking it old school....back to the 80s and my day!


Is he not cute? He may look 10 years old...but his wit is years beyond 10. He cracks us up! Thank you God.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh--what great picts! Our School starts Monday! We've moved, so we're in a new state where football and soccer are in the same season. My junior picked soccer and hopes to kick for the high school at some point. He can kick a 45 yard field goal! So, we take one day at a time! We now have two high school soccer players! Yeah! However, I do miss seeing my son play football! His number was 86, too!

Have a blessed season!

Shannon Johnson said...

Thank you very much! I love my guys! I am glad to know your son found something else...he sounds quite talented for the soccer field! And football field! We will have a blessed season and you do the same!!! Thank you for stopping by!!!!