Monday, August 10, 2009

Time Flies.......

Wow! I guess the summer has flown by faster than I thought, because its been well over a month since I've blogged about ANYTHING. There have been so many fun things...and so many life lesson situations that could have made great blogs, but here I am...over a month since the last post....and I wonder where to start.

After we met my sweet niece, Addie Grace, in Nashville - we hit the floor running with summer activities. Nick and Scout went to summer youth camp in Florida and Max went to summer camp that same week. It was awesome for all 3 boys. Awesome for me and Kevin too! Home alone was great....quiet....but GREAT! Here is a picture of Max from his summer camp week. Do I even need to mention that he came back smelling....well...like a 10 year old boy?


I like this one. This is when I was about to leave. The fake mustache, glasses thing? Well, that is something he thought would entertain the ladies. Not kidding.... He did not get that from Kevin, thank goodness.


Soon after we all got home...and settled back into a routine, the call that I have been dreading finally arrived. It was a little after 6am on Friday morning, July 17.
My sweet Nana had passed away. I think I'll remember that date forever. Many of you have been praying for my family since February when my Nana first went into the hospital. She spent the months following that incident in nursing homes and rehab centers. Its been a long 5 months to say the least. But as prepared as I thought I was, the words my father spoke just kind of went in one ear and out the other. And I just sat there and thanked him for calling. I think I asked how my mother was....but I don't remember alot after that. Kevin was there for me and did everything he could do to make me feel better. We woke the kids up and told them one by one and they each had their own reactions. And though we all respond so differently to things like this....we were all just sad.

I was fortunate enough to have a few hours to myself that day. And in those hours, I allowed myself to cry. Uncontrollably at times - and then laugh....and then cry some more. It felt good to do all that too. Believe me. It would be right when I would think there were no more tears to cry...that I would find just a few more.

That night, a sweet friend brought dinner to my family and we ate together at my mom's house. We talked about Nana and laughed alot too. Then of course....we'd cry some more. The following days were filled with funeral planning....and then the funeral on that following Monday. The 4 days of Nana's passing, funeral planning and then the funeral seemed to go by so fast. Its almost been a month and in some ways I just can't believe she's gone. I think it will be that way for a while. But I am so thankful for the friends that reached out to us during that time. We felt the love. My entire family did. Thank you so much to all of you! You know who you are. :)

I have a couple of great thoughts that I want to blog about at a later time. But I feel so behind on my blogging right now....that each post would be WAY long if I wrote everything I was thinking. I'll save some thoughts for another time....and another night when I am not trying to get back into the swing of routine. Like I said in the beginning....the time flies...and my summer is over and the kids are going back to school.

In the middle of the chaos, and the loss we've experienced, I've been reminded how good God is. How amazing living life can be. And...how thankful I am to be blessed with friends and family that love me so. Life is good, even if I'm never, ever going to be caught up on my laundry. Amen?

And in the midst of the sadness, there has been MUCH to thank God for as well. God has been doing great things inside me as well as others within my family. I am humbled and amazed watching God work within me and those around me. I am so thankful for all he is doing. I guess there really is a season for everything. God's timing is beautiful.





Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.
Psalm 1:24

No comments: