Sunday, April 12, 2009

Nick is in Mexico!



Nick left on Saturday for Ensenada, Mexico. He is with some dear friends of ours participating in on a mission trip. One of our friends from church, Sheril Brasher is a director for YWAM in Ensenda and because of her, they have an awesome opportunity to see how God moves and works in a very different place than they one in which they live. Its a far cry from Hoover. I have yet to talk to him, but I have heard from the adult he is traveling with that he is having a remarkable time already. My prayer is that he hears from God this week. He is getting close to the age where he wants to feel a direction as to what he should do once he graduates high school. I can't believe that will be next year! Please pray that as he serves and seeks God this week, that he will hear something specific for his life. Please also pray for protection for Nick, Britton and Darrell Garrett as they travel together within Mexico. Please also pray for favor and wisdom as Darrell leads the worship services for this mission trip this week.

This is Nick getting ready to go through security.


This is his buddy Britton.


I've been so anxious to hear something from Nick. However, I know that I won't get near the updates that I would like to have. I guess that is just part of having a teenage son. Or at least for me. Nick doesn't always want to 'fill me in' on everything that goes on!

This is Nick with Britton and Darrell. These friends are really family to us - we love them and I can't think of a better way for Nick to experience this trip.


As I said I am praying for the Lord to speak to Nick - and though I am dying to know what he is thinking and feeling....I'll have to rely on messages from Darrell during the interim. Here is one I got from him today;

"You would have been so proud of our boys last night. They had to stand in front of 150 teens and leaders and introduce themselves as staff, and the college staff loves them. They went right to work, even went to a late night staff meeting. They were tired:) During the service last night they told me they wanted to skip college and come do this. It's going to be a great week for them.
Ill keep ya'll posted."


Lord, I am praying your word today, Psalm 37:22-24 (New International Version)

22 those the LORD blesses will inherit the land,
but those he curses will be cut off.

23 If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;

24 though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with his hand

Amen

3 comments:

Bethany Edgeworth said...

That is awesome!

Laura said...

Is he in Ensenada about an hour from Tijuana? I used to go there when I lived in SD...great lobster! Definitely a change from Hoover! I will be praying for him; I know it will be a great experience.

Shannon Johnson said...

Thanks ya'll. Yes....Laura, that is the place! I can't wait to hear. Just excited to see what God will do in him this week!