Wednesday, April 8, 2009

BOYS!!!!! I love being a boy mom!



I truly do love being a boy mom. Sometimes I do see my friends with daughters and think...."oh....that would be so fun". But I always have that reality check once they share with me how they deal with the drama queen moments. We don't have too many of those! However, there are things that seem to be the norm around my house that might not seem ok to my friends who have girls. These things include, but are not limited to the following; * The BB gun that stays ready in our kitchen just in case someone wants to shoot a squirrel that might be stalking our bird feeder. This means, squirrel tails here and there tacked up on a wall like trophies. I know.....I know..... * The BB gun that stays close to the window in our bathroom in case there are dove that need to be shot off the tree branch. This means that yes, they clean the birds and they've cooked them. I cannot believe I just typed that.....but I wonder...if that happens at other houses too. PROBABLY NOT....but I just told everyone how redneck we really are! (who knew we could hunt in our backyard!) The weirdest thing that happened around this topic was Nick asking me for one of my headbands so that he could glue the dove wings to the headband and have a crazy hat. I could not respond. I think I just gave him a look and quietly said..."No". * The grouping of trees that still seems to serve as an extra bathroom in our backyard. Why go inside???? Um....BECAUSE ITS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO. :) Ok...next. * The pile of weapons my boys have created with duck tape, sticks, nails etc. Everything....even a spatula can be 'turned into' a weapon with the right rigging. * The fact that our trampoline wears out almost yearly because they keep moving it around the backyard to see what they can jump off of to get the highest bounce. I could go on, but you get the point I am sure. All of these thoughts flooded my mind because of a video that a friend of mine, Tyra passed on to me today. It was classic! I felt it could have been taken from our video vault somewhere in the Johnson archives. Take a moment and watch this. Seriously!


I literally laughed out loud in my office! That was great!! I could share some personal videos of my boys...but I'll save those for another day. Actually...if I had them with me, I would have added them today, but we'll have to wait!

If you are a boy mom....enjoy the days and the humor they seem to provide. Here are just a few more pics that another friend passed on to me a while back. Gotta love being a boy mom!

This sweet boy really thinks he can make it! :)

Just like Nick and his buddies really thought Scout could make it down 'suicide' hill on his bike with training wheels and no helmet. Oh....I won't forget that day!

No need to explain this one...

You know, I will NEVER forget being at Rich's Department store and watching my mom burst into laughter. We had Nick and Scout with us, but Scout was a tiny baby. Anyway.....Nick had taken a keen interest in one of the mannequins. I DIED. I'll leave that to your imagination, but I did say..."Get your hands off that!" Then, I burst into laughter as well. That was a realization for me that life was going to be interesting as a mom of boys.....and it has yet to disappoint!

No comments: