Monday, February 25, 2008

Why am I doing this?

Well, I am asking myself that same question. I feel sometimes that I am the person who always has something to say - but maybe...nobody was really ever asking me to say it in the first place. I don't know. I've talked to Kevin many times about sharing my heart with friends who are also raising teenagers or boys. I feel strongly that we have to band together! You know there is strength in numbers. For as long as I can remember, I've journaled. Seriously, I have journals back from my teenage years. I have a journal for each of my boys - and they are priceless. So, writing my thoughts down has always just been a part of who I am. However, being all blog savvy....that is new. So, if I share this with you....and you share it with someone else....don't go analyzing my gramatical correctness. I write from the heart and that means I'll probably ignore grammar rules and use run on sentences when I get all passionate about something. But, I will always write something here that has touched me, and maybe it in turn will touch you. Possibly make you think differently about something - or teach you something new about being the best parent of a teenager you can be! There is so much out there - let's keep each other updated on trends and dangers that are out to steal the joy from our kids. Somebody once said, It takes a village....oh, nevermind.

4 comments:

shelley said...

This is GREAT! post lots of pics so Melodi can keep tabs on all your boys. I know I'll be learning a lot when I visit here. I'm inspired! I've GOT to update my site too! You are on to something here... smiles to you, shelley

Wayne Ratliff said...

This is a great idea. You can stay up on the taste the boys have in music and intellegently agree or disagree with them. Everything has come along way from Sesame Street and Shaun Cassidy, and I just aged myself. You are raising your boys right. They know where the fences are and how far they can go, but they know they can also discuss it with you, maybe plead their case and get you to see some things their way. I will pass your site onto others who have children. Sharing knowledge helps everyone, even if you disagree.

Jenn G said...

Excellent girl!! Being the mom of two small children, I am always listening to more "seasoned" moms when it come to ideas/experiences regarding child-rearing. I value you as a great mentor and look forward to your comically sassy way of looking at things!! :)

Sarah said...

I am just glad you are doing it. The Lord allows you certain situations and brings you through them...not just because but because he wants you to share them and how you deal with them to benefit others. I am glad you are doing this. Now if you could just have Kevin teach our husbands how to be a romantic.....we would have it covered! Do you still have the kevinlovesshannon.net? I keep telling Dave I need my own website. He tells me to get over it! Oh well....... Seriously, thank you for all you do for me and now this. Its awesome. I will share it with others.