Thursday, May 14, 2009

And this week.........

This week is quickly coming to an end and I am smiling big. So looking forward to the weekend. But in all, this week has not been bad, just a regular busy week. My husband and I talked this week and we realized that yes....April and May are always busy. Always. There is usually something to celebrate at the boys schools (all 3 of them) and you can typically add a track banquet, football banquet, Scout Blue and Gold banquet etc, etc....you get the picture. Well, this week we started off with spirit week at Max's school where each day holds a new theme. I loved Tacky Day.....


This was Max's version of tacky day. Believe it or not....but seriously, this took us an hour the night before looking for just the right combination. The only thing not pictured here is the hunting hat lined with fur that seemed to set the look off just right for Max. You'll just have to imagine that for yourself.

Tuesday, I was blessed to be able to see Scout receive a few awards at his Middle School. I cannot believe he is going into high school next year. I am so proud of him. He is the type of student that works so hard. Truly....he works for what he receives. He is diligent with homework and projects and all of those things matter so much to him.

This is Scout receiving his final award of the morning - his Junior Membership into the Beta Club. That was right after he had his induction to the National Junior Honor Society.

Such a cutie!


And in addition to those fun things....we are hosting the Regions Charity Classic at my hotel this week. Always so much fun! Here are some fun pics....



And here are the people we followed for a majority of the day Wednesday. This is my boss and my client from Atlanta. Was a great day. They did quite well.....didn't win, but they were close! This picture was actually taken after my client got a birdie on this hole. Did I say that right....sounds really funny....




Fun stuff.....and after all of this week, I truly hear His word ringing in my ears....

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

I hope I do that....as a mom, wife, sales person and friend. To work at those roles with all my heart. Because essentially....its Christ we serve through every little thing we do. So...to quote my friend Jenny today....why not jump right in...and just do it with all your heart. Why not???


Lord, thank you for all that you have blessed me with. The kids and their schools, the chaos and schedules. Thank you for my friends....how they bless my life and make even golf tournaments fun.....thank you for my job and how it provides and adds to my life. Thank you Lord for being so good.

No comments: