Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall, Football and Fun!

Ok....so tonight was the perfect football night. There was a chill in the air and there were friends and fun.....but there was no win for the JV at Spain Park. This past Friday our Varsity Team was killed by Mountain Brook. Tonight, the JV lost to the JV Mountain Brook team at the very end....by a hair! It was painful!

Though the loss was really bad...there were a few things that made me laugh. I thought I would share.....



Kevin and I love to read these signs. Somehow they never seem quite fierce enough. We typically see something like, Hook the Bucs, Pave over the Panthers....but tonight.....the misspell sign totally owned us. I still don't get it. I really, really don't. But somewhere.....earlier today, there was a cheerleader who thought it would be a great idea! For the record...I apologize in advance if I am talking about your daughter...I am sure she is really cute. Seriously....



This picture just seemed funny to me because its like they all heard the play call and said, "What???". I liked that. Seriously, look at them all....in sync.

I like this next picture too...not because its funny - but its really cool. It's not from tonight...it's from our last home varsity game. You know how most football teams tear through the paper sign and run out yelling toward the other team? Well, the Spain Park Varsity Team likes to walk out in one big mass, almost marching in military style, to some really jamming music. Welcome to the Jungle by Guns 'N Roses is a popular song.




Cool- fun for the Varsity guys. I guess a big step up all the way around from JV ball in many ways. Wow, they don't even threaten to misspell another team's name. That's something right there!

* Thanks to my girl Mel who called me this am (laughing) and told me I misspelled...misspell. Yeah....its edited now!

1 comment:

The Nichols said...

Great game! I was the line judge on Spain Park's sideline. I had Spain Park at Thompson either last week or the week before. Pretty cool how my boy Nick is now playing in a game I referee. Miss ya'll. Go Pack!!!