Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A New Year to see God at work!

Its already halfway through the first month of 2010. One of my New Years Resolutions is to continue the hobby of blogging. I really do enjoy it – it is a calming hobby and I always find that as I blog or journal I look for the ways God moves in my life and other day to day things that sometimes, if too busy, I can take for granted. So, here goes. I was reminded yesterday how fast a year can fly by. Have you ever had a moment where you realized, ‘Wow…exactly this day….last year…I was here, or this had happened…..and now, it is exactly a whole year later’. Well, that exact thought came to my mind yesterday. For me, those moments generally come from a place of awe..that I made it through and my heart is so grateful. Ok...my heart is overwhelmed with 'whew...I made it!!'. Do you relate? However, the older I get, the more at ease I become with each challenge because of God’s faithfulness to me. It is the one thing that will never change. Time and time again, I can look back over a year and though there are always challenges, and I do mean always, I can say – “Thank you God, you carried me all the way through it”.

Psalm 100:5
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations



Well, I don’t have experience with many generations, but I know what my family has experienced and time and time again – I have witnessed God’s love, mercy and rescuing hand. Sometimes it was through true miracles and we didn’t see the source of earthly help. Other times, it came in the form of my prayer warrior friends and family who hold me up and encourage me to brighter days. Either way….I saw God move in 2009. It started out as a year where I fell totally dependent upon Him and needed God’s strength desperately. As I searched for Him, I found these verses that totally encouraged me through most of 2009;

Isaiah 43 : 1-3
But now, this is what the LORD says—
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the LORD, your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;


I pray that you can look back on 2009 and even through the hard times, you can realize that He was there. Maybe you can see and be encouraged at the fact that you are still standing…the water did not rush over you nor were you burned by the fire. It doesn’t mean we enjoy the fire…believe me. But we know that nothing will overtake us, there is certainly joy in the morning! Looking to 2010 – I pray to walk closer to my God than ever before. I know if I can do that, it will be an amazing year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I would like to launch today to you thetykeshop.com is a fabulous children shoes online shop. Please, look up today and get 10% off Code: Love 2016 valid until 2016-02-29.

Have a lovely day.

Ale P.